Meet Dr. Yu Pan
My greatest joy, as an orthodontist, is seeing a patient’s excitement when their new smile is unveiled. Their self-confidence, the way in which they interact with others, and the beauty of their smile, are my greatest rewards.
I believe orthodontic care is the best gift a person can give themselves or their child. I would love to help you attain a beautiful, confident smile, one which will change your life. Dr. Yu Pan
Education and Continuing Education
- BMS, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute, University of South Florida
- Three year post-doctoral Fellowship, Department of Medicine, University of Florida
- D.D.S., with distinction, University of Minnesota
- Specialty training in Orthodontics, University of Minnesota
Dr. Pan is active in many study clubs, including the Pankey Learning Group, which discusses new orthodontic treatment processes. She also attends numerous conferences and lectures each year, furthering her knowledge and expanding the care she offers patients. By remaining at the leading-edge of changes in the field, Dr. Pan ensures her patients receive the highest level of care.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Minnesota Association of Orthodontists
- College of Diplomates, American Board of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Minnesota Dental Association
- The Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- Certified Invisalign Provider
In the Community
Pan Orthodontics is an active participant in Smiles Change Lives, a philanthropic orthodontic organization that helps families who cannot afford the full costs of braces. Dr. Pan and her team believe every person deserves a beautiful, confident smile and are committed to achieving that goal.
Away from Work
Dr. Pan grew up about 6,000 miles from here, in Beijing, China. When she came to the United States in 2000, she first lived in Florida, and then settled in the Twin Cities. She has now acclimated to the weather and become a hardy Minnesotan.
Dr. Pan and her husband live in Edina and are about to welcome their two-year-old daughter, Cindy, to their family. They’re both ecstatic and nervous.
When she’s not caring for her patients, Dr. Pan loves spending hours exploring this beautiful area. She enjoys visiting the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, along with Summit Avenue and Lake Calhoun.